pull-replication plugin isn't implemented in v3.0
Remote references to the pull-replication plugin implementation
as it isn't available yet in v3.0.
diff --git a/DESIGN.md b/DESIGN.md
index 1bbe78f..3cdef94 100644
@@ -192,10 +192,6 @@
to push them again. However, someone needs to manually detect the issue in the
replication log and get in touch with the user.
-The [pull-replication plugin](https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/pull-replication)
-supports synchronous replication and has the structure to perform also the
-asynchronous variant in the future.
## History and maturity level of the multi-site plugin
This plugin expands upon the excellent work on the high-availability plugin,
@@ -254,8 +250,8 @@
The current limitations of Stage #9 are:
- **Limited supports for many sites**:
- One could, potentially, support a very high number of sites, but the pull-replication
- logic to all sites could have a serious consequence in the overall perceived latency.
+ One could, potentially, support a very high number of sites, but replication lag
+ to all sites could have a serious consequence in the overall perceived latency.
Having to deal with a very high number of site requires the implementation of a quorum on
all the nodes available for replication.
@@ -652,6 +648,9 @@
- Implement more global-refdb storage layers (e.g. TiKV) and more cloud-native
message brokers (e.g. NATS)
+- Implement a synchronous pull-replication plugin for triggering the replication
+ logic on all the other sites, based on Git protocol v2 upload-pack.
- Implement a quorum-based policy for accepting or rejecting changes in the pull-replication