Gerrit Zuul Plugin
Openstack uses Zuul for project gating and one of the features of Zuul is cross repository dependencies (CRD). Zuul will detect CRDs in git commit messages to allow it to arrange patchsets (in order) before scheduling them for build and test.
The problems with having only a ‘depends-on’ reference:
- It can become very difficult, downright confusing really, to determine the dependency relationships.
- The use of CRD can produce dependency cycles which can be difficult to detect.
To help alleviate these issues this plugin adds the following:
- A reverse lookup for the ‘depends-on’ reference. The ‘needed-by’ reference has been added to the Gerrit UI to let users know that the currently viewed change is needed by a referenced change.
- Dependency cycle detection which will display the CRD references in red if a dependency cycle has been detected.
- A REST endpoint to allow other clients to retrieve CRD info.
Detailed information about this plugin can be found in the documentation.