In the effort of making Gerrit more cloud-native, we cannot neglect tools integrating with Gerrit. Jenkins, currently, doesn't have a way to integrate with Gerrit via cloud-native tools.
In this lightning talk, I will demo AWS Kinesis Consumer, a Jenkins plugin allowing the consumption of Gerrit stream events from Kinesis.
How do you integrate Jenkins with Gerrit?
- Gerrit Trigger plugin
- Gerrit Code Review Plugin
What are the main issue you face with your setup?
- integration is difficult to setup
- scalability issues with big Jenkins installation
- loosing events when Gerrit restarts
- loosing events when Jenkins restarts
- difficult to debug issues