title: “Gerrit ESC Meeting Minutes” tags: esc keywords: esc minutes permalink: 2020-02-25-esc-minutes.html summary: “Minutes from the ESC meeting held on February 25th” hide_sidebar: true hide_navtoggle: true toc: true

Engineering Steering Committee Meeting, February 25, 2020


David Pursehouse, Luca Milanesio, Alice Kober-Sotzek, Patrick Hiesel


Online, February 25, 12:30 - 13:00 CEST

Next meeting

The next meeting will be held on March 10, 12:30 CEST.


Gerrit News Page

Alice's summary of the new “preview/apply fix” feature is still pending for the next issue which is due to be published at the end of March.

No other news items were disussed during this meeting. As usual, we invite the community to propose any items that they think would be interesting.

Gerrit Roadmap

Alice has published an update to the roadmap per the decisions made in the previous meeting.

Hackathon/Summit Planning

There is no news about the schedule for a hackathon/summit. Luca has followed up with Matthias about the possibility for SAP to host, but there is no decision yet.

Review of open design documents

  • Threaded feedback in the change log

    This is waiting for Jacek to respond to review comments. David will remind him.

  • Auth backend extension point

    The first part (linked above) seems to be OK, apart from a couple of pending minor comments from Edwin and broken links pointed out by David.

    David will remind Jacek to follow up.

  • Deletion of groups

    CollabNet is OK with the proposed design, and now the only thing remaining is to include the recent discussions from the review into the actual document.

    David will take care of that, and begin the development, later. No further action is needed from ESC until the document has been updated.

  • Subchecks

    Alice will follow up with James.

Review of issues on the ESC component

  • Issue 40011458 - future of change Ids

    We agreed that the other forms of change identifier should still be supported, and we should therefore cancel the deprecation that was announced with 2.16.

    David and Patrick will work on this. First there needs to be a change to revert the deprecation, and then a follow-up change to add more context information about the different identifiers and when/why they are useful.